 Space / 40854
40853  |  40855
Subject:
Several new Micro/Mini Models posted (Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 01:34:06 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello my dear fellow builders!

I had not yet announced the launch of my new project http://www.deckdesigns.de yet, as I thought I’d better wait until I can support some more updates. The new site consists of three main sections, these being Star Wars (formerly http://bricks.highadmiral.de), Star Trek and Classic Battlestar Galactica. All together have 140 Mini Models today.

Recent updates from today are two new types from the Star Trek universe. The common Excelsior-class cruiser and a variant of it, the Centaur-class medium cruiser which appears in the series “Deep Space Nine”.

Also updated today were new ships from Battlestar Galactica. Another Colonial fighter craft, although less popular, is the Scorpion fighter, which is similar to the Viper except the wings are not angled and the top engine is missing. Speaking of the Viper, a completely redesigned version of the Colonial Viper is also availble now, featuring a proper top engine. Clue piece for both of these models was a 1x5 technic liftarm plate, where you can stick studs in from both sides.

There is another relatively new Battlestar model in the newest issue of Joe Meno’s great BrickJournal, the Colonial Landram, one of the few surface vessels known. A sturdy and tracked vehicle with some nice building tricks to get an unusual cockpit design.

The latest Star Wars model is from last week, as I wanted to fill the other two sections first with a little stuff. There I presented the Ubrikkian-9000-Z001 Landspeeder, an odd spherical speeder, parking outside the Mos Eisley Cantina during “A New Hope”.

All content is also available in my BrickShelf folder of course.

With that I am ended for now. Thank you for stepping by, and have a great sunday!

yours Christopher