 Space / 40774
40773  |  40775
Subject:
My Gunstar gets kudos from one of the programmers!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 22:14:59 GMT

Hey all,

Ever since I got back into the hobby all those years ago, making MOC's and
posting them to my website, I've had a simply grand time.  The hobby continues
to be very fulfilling for me, despite the cloudy future that TLG faces.

However, nothing could have prepared me for the e-mail I received about a year
ago from one of the programmers from "The Last Starfighter!"  Larry Yaeger was
one of the principle authors of the rendering software that made the Gunstar's
all-CGI appearance a cinematic reality. I had always been a fan of the ship from
the film, and had built a pretty good Lego version of it and posted it on my
website.

I never dreamed that I'd actually be contacted and congratulated for my attempt!
There aren't any new pictures on this page, but it does begin with the letter I
received from Larry and for which I just recently received his permission to
present here.  Just had to share my joy!

<<http://www.xenobuzz.com/MyLegoCreations/Gunstar.htm>>

I don't have the model together anymore, but as the majority of the feedback
I've been sent about my website is in reference to the Gunstar, I'm now
seriously considering building a better one!

David Simmons