 Space / 40671
    Classic Space Rocket Train —Wolf Read
   She's a bit wide, and a bit boxy (like her distant, yet beautiful cousin, 6901, affectionately known as "the elephant"), but she's faaassssst ! ! ! Cruising on the wingtip thrusters alone, this rocket train easily maintains 200 m/s on the long (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

        Re: Classic Space Rocket Train —Jordan Schwarz
     (...) Wolf, I'm greatly impressed with your rocket train. With the backgrounds you've added, the images look like they might as well be out of an early 80s LEGO catalog. The style of building closely matches that of the classic Space era. I'd love (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: Classic Space Rocket Train —Wolf Read
     (...) Jordan, Thanks much for the kind words. Yes, I think it would be fun to do an alternate-history 1980s Lego catalog, with a number of space sets that could have been... A larger Space layout would be fun, too... I'm already beginning to picture (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Classic Space Rocket Train —Jeff Findley
     (...) Way cool. I especially like the 80's LEGO catalog like rendering of the pictures. As for the model, I like the color and styling, but I'd lose the stubby wing tips. They just don't sit well with me since I don't think trains ought to have (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: Classic Space Rocket Train —Wolf Read
     (...) Glad you like the train! Yeah, I'm still a bit iffy on the little wings, especially those on the passenger car. For the engine--the wings are there largely to have the rockets clear the trailing rail cars. Of course, I could make the train a (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Classic Space Rocket Train —Tony Hafner
   (...) I love it! Very classic. I wonder, though- the passenger car looks like it has an awkwardly-long wheelbase for a 2-axle car. Does it bind in curves? Anyway, this looks like it would be at home on a moonbase layout. And by your server domain, (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Classic Space Rocket Train —Wolf Read
   (...) Tony, thanks much for the nice words, and thanks much for the MOC Highlight. That was an excellent surprise. Long wheelbase: Good eye! I've only tried the passenger car on curves via pushing the train by hand, and it seems to do ok. It (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)