 Space / 40594
Re: New render of old MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 04:28:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jeff Szklennik wrote:

SNIP

I love it! I’m a great fan of super-compact spacecraft MOC’s, and yours has all the hallmarks of a good one: enclosed cockpit, firepower, zoomability, and a dashing color scheme.

I’m sorry that I missed it in the original post, but I’m happy to have caught it this time. Very nice!

Dave!

Thanks! It was originally a glider, but once I figured I could enclose it & put some little guns on it I was happily surprised with the resulting spacey swooshiness (& I did swoosh it many a time). In the built version, the cowling in back of the cockpit removes to reveal engine bits for more realism. The updated color rendered version has changes I wanted to incorporate with pieces not available in the set: the double inverted slopes at the bottom rear, the rear trans blue engine exhaust & white & blue colorscheme (my favorite). I also added a plate in height to accomodate space helmets without them touching the inside of the windshield.

Jeff