 Space / 40475
Re: Camera in the Moonbase monorail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:56:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Brian Davis wrote:
OK, I saw this, and it was wonderfully cool. Now, of course, I want to do
something similar with the GBC train or Mindstorms battlebots/sumo. So, who's
was this? How did you do it? And what type of hit to the wallet am I about to
embark on? Battery lifetime? Come on, inquiring minds want to know!

Search for 'camera wireless' on eBay.  Even if you don't trust the sellers
you'll see all the things that are available.

I've had a little B&W wired camera in the back of a minifig 60's type outside
broadcast van for a few years now.  It even has a little minifig with a TV
camera in a cherry-picker type elevated seat.  It connects to a TV (though I've
just 'procured' an old security monitor for it).  It's fun watching kids trying
to find the camera on the layout.  They don't think for a moment to consider the
minifig with the video camera pointed right at them.

GWLTC have recorded video of trains going round one of the layouts too.

Jason R