 Space / 39960
Re: Discovered! 1593 Super Set source is Persil Promo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:41:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, Clark Stephens wrote:
In lugnet.space, Geoffrey Hyde wrote:
I dunno why, but when I goto that gallery link, all I get is a blank page??

Yeah, he moved the picture, and deleted the old gallery. New pic:

Clark

I raised that a long time ago - I remember seeing it on the box back when I was
little, but I've never seen another picture of it.  I particularly remember the
way it was printed made the red figure look almost orange.

That is quite a find.  I notice that the kids are playing with the two sets it's
almost made from in the top picture.  I'll have to dig out my summary of trying
to build one from the others.

I believe these actually went on sale in Germany.

My theory is that it was designed as a super-set instruction book that didn't
quite work, so with all the effort that went into drafting the instructions (a
lot harder in the days before CAD) they used it to make the promo set.

Great find though!

Jason R