 Space / 39701
Re: MINI Cylon Raider from Battlestar Galactica
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 04:35:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Christopher Deck wrote:
   Hello aganin altogether!

Recently I posted my MINI Viper and Battlestar Galactica. In your kind comments you suggested to also do a MINI Cylon Raider. Of course I also wanted to have an enemy ship, thus I began to design one.

I here want to show you the result. I am sorry that it does not look as smooth as the Viper, instead a bit blocky you might say. But the shape of the Cylon Raider is really difficult to nail. And I had to wait for that cool cockpit piece from Beligium. ;-)

It’s definitely a trickier one, that’s for sure. But I think you nailed the essential idea of the Cylon Raider. As with the Viper, I had enough pieces (mostly) to construct four copies, so I’ve got a little armada going on:

(Click for larger image)

I had to substitute a few parts, mostly for color, although the Cylon cockpit piece was scrounged up from a couple of alternate parts. I didn’t have any 1x3 Technic beams in gray, so I used three dark gray and one red (squadron leader). The background on this image stinks, I thought the treadmill base would be a good dark background but apparently not, and I’m too lazy to reshoot (right now, anyway).

The Cylons must use different types of fuel to get their exhausts to have different colors. Either that or they’re a display squadron, like the Blue Angels. Chrome Cyclops, maybe?

I appreciate your posting instructions on all of these, Christopher... my kids are having a great time playing with these.

Kelly