 Space / 39317
Re: New MOC: The Sluf air-fighter prototype
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:43:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, brent skadan wrote:
   Hello all,

After a ~6 month hiatus -- or rather a long creative block-- I slapped this little thing together over the last few weeks. This model was rife with issues and I nearly gave up last weekend but my desire to see it completed won out. It may look simple, and for some it may actually be, but I had a difficult time getting the wings and cockpit to look just right, and there were numerous structural issues that had to be hashed out. The usual details are present: fully functioning landing gear, opening canopy, greebles inside the gear-wells, and greebles around the engine. Now before anybody points out that the engine bell looks too small, well let me tell you, it is -- but I like it like that.

(click the pic. Once moderated)

Wonderful shaping, coloration, and detailing. I love the cockpit’s angled mounting- that’s very well done. The landing gear mechanism is great as well, with all off the doors to allow it to be fully concealed. The feet look a bit clunky, though.

   P.S. I have gotten a lot of requests for instructions for my RedTail racer, does aybody know if it would be possible to model it in MLCad?

Sure it’s possible... but it would take a lot of learning if you don’t know how to use the program. Then it’s just a matter of whether all of the parts have been modeled in ldraw. If you get stuck on that, let me know and I may be able to help with parts authoring. There are others who do that kind of stuff as well- ask on the cad newsgroups.

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com