 Space / 38535
Re: MOC: Apollo 13, post-explosion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 02:07:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Wilson wrote:
You've captured the look and the way the photo looks, too.  One nit-pick - the
rectangular object isn't orthogonal to the long axis of the SM, but parallel to
it (extends forward).

Oh, I see. In that photo, it looks like I used a 1x1 brick sticking straight
out.

Actually, it's a 1x2 inverted slope, with the sloping side facing the camera.
That matches what I think I see in the photos on this page:

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/ap13acc.html

But are you saying it's actually a purely parallel rectangle, like a 1x2 plate
or two? Can you cite a clearer picture of that by any chance?

I put up an additional picture of my model, that shows this and other details
more clearly:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/9009

- Dan Efran
  Martian Ambassador