 Space / 38337
Re: Double Bubble...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:36:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Simmons wrote:
   Hey Richie,

Very cool!

Thank you.

   I had tried something like this when I got my Republic gunship because I wanted more than half a bubble. One of the replies asked if the bubble could open. I knew it couldn’t in the present configuration because of the way the bubble is hinged. However, I was able to come with an arrangement that would let the front half open upward, but then the spartan and beautiful aesthetic of the bubble would be lost.

I’d love to see some pics of the seat you made.

Here’s Xavier Plorian demonstrating the not-very-complex-at-all seat:

(Click on the pics for a slight enlargement, not much sunlight around is Sydney this morning so the pics are even worse than usual).

   How well does it slide around on the inside?

Not well. (Which is good, I think). To get it to move requires a bit of shaking, and once the seat (with driver) is in position you can (gently) move the Bubble Car around without disturbing him.

Cheers

Richie Dulin