 Space / 38318
Re: Double Bubble...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:10:43 GMT

Hey Richie,

Very cool!  I had tried something like this when I got my Republic gunship
because I wanted more than half a bubble.  One of the replies asked if the
bubble could open.  I knew it couldn't in the present configuration because
of the way the bubble is hinged.  However, I was able to come with an
arrangement that would let the front half open upward, but then the spartan
and beautiful aesthetic of the bubble would be lost.

I'd love to see some pics of the seat you made.  How well does it slide
around on the inside?

Dave

"Richie Dulin" <rdulin@REMOVEmla.com.au> wrote in message
[Bubble Car]

~ <http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/space/bubble7.jpg

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/space/thumb/bubble7.jpg_thumb.jpg>

~ A bit more than a year ago, I put together the
  <http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=31418 space bubble car>, a small spacey • car
  designed for driving around space  places. ¬ After posting the original • bubble
  car I worked on the idea a bit, but two house moves got in the way of me
  posting the results. Whilst finally unpacking some boxes I found my • bubble car
  variations.

--------------------

[Double Bubble Car]

~ Sometimes, you want to take a friend with you whilst cruising space • places, so
  the double bubble provides a   passenger bubble as well. Sure, you can't • hold
  hands or anything, but this is space after all, and there's plenty   of • fun to
  be had regardless.
~ <http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/space/double1.jpg

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/space/thumb/double1.jpg_thumb.jpg>

--------------------------

[Bubble Car {Sport}]

~ <http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/space/conv1.jpg

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/space/thumb/conv1.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
~ And sometimes, you just want to take to the open space places, and feel • the
  solar wind directly on your   protective space helmet. No need to so • much as
  open the bubble - just jump in and throttle up! ¬  And  because it's in • space,
  you don't have to worry about pedestrians spitting in your open car as • you
  cruise past.

---------------------

Some more assorted pics

~ <http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/space/double2.jpg