 Space / 38250
Re: Site update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:46:12 GMT

In lugnet.space, Sylvia Tresto wrote:
   Hello all!

I haven’t been around a lot because of work, but I finally updated the New Templar Order website with some pictures of new enemy ships:

The Yarl:

The Tengri:

The Huskarl:

and the Erlik:

All can be found at the New Templar Order website with propaganda or on Brickshelf without propaganda.

There’s some cool stuff here. My favorite is the Tengri, because it’s such a weird shape. The Huskarl has a really nifty cockpit arrangment too. And the handlebar engine detailing on various ships works well. The Erlik makes great use of 5-point radial symmetry with the big brown wedges.

However, I find the site difficult to navigate. I don’t know your factions terribly well, so when I went to the “updates” page, I didn’t realize that the enemy ships you mentioned in this post were the Earth forces. So that when I clicked on the top link, I didn’t think I was in the right place. It doesn’t help that in this post you mention the ships by name, but they aren’t labeled as such on the site until you reach the gallery page.

Thumbnails all over the place would help. And it would be great to put in direct links to your models in the post would as well, even if they don’t set up the frames correctly.

Anyway, it’s nice to see you back! You might want to check out the Classic Space Forums. That’s where everyone has been hanging out lately, which is why it is so quiet around here.

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com