 Space / 38159
Re: Hover sleds revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 01:45:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Elroy Davis wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, John Ladasky wrote:

Once I decided to make one change, I ended up making lots. Here’s the final result...

Very cool! I like how you used the shoulder armor for the cowls. That was one of the things that I was not happy with on my original design. Some of the masks looked like cowls, others just looked like masks. I’ll have to try one with the shoulder armor.

Hi, Elroy! Thanks for the inspiration.

In the posts that concerned your original hover sleds, David Laswell suggested the use of Rakhshi heads as cowlings. I have a few of these parts, but I haven’t tried to used them yet.

   I had thought that my original tail had two studs connecting it. I just checked the photos though, and it looks like it is only one. I’ll have to dig out my LDraw file and see if I can modify it somehow.

I also had to build a few of these, since they were so small. My daughter and I had races around the living room with them a couple of times.

Yes, the swoosh factor for these little models is very high!

   It’s so much fun being a giant kid when there are other kids around. :-)

   -Elroy

Cheers, John