 Space / 37895
Re: Animation - Earwig and the Flea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:45:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, matt ciavaglia wrote:
For your viewing pleasure:

I really like the partially destroyed ship with bits floating around (inside and
out). I haven't seen many attempts at realistic damage. I've always wanted to
build a derelict ship with really cool looking damage and weave a story around
it. Also the guy moving around inside creates a perfect sense of zero-g (um,
"microgravity") with the poses and camera angles.

The background planets have good variety and detail, and you changed the
orientation well to suit each scene.

The ship interiors look nice and antiseptic, more appealing than space grunge.
These are space professionals, not seedy cargo haulers.

I like the transparent text bubbles. They're styled somewhat like technical
notes. (I'm guessing the non-center justification is a deliberate part of the
style.)

The minifig guy who was rescued was a bit too smiley for the situation. I like
using Luke Skywalker faces for a neutral look that can be interpreted
differently depending on the circumstances (concern, anger, seriousness,
boredom, space madness...)

Overall I like the story so far. Just remember though that space adventure is
made more interesting with fresh ideas. That means no green Orion slave girls,
space hillbillies, or facehuggers... or any combination of those. ;-)