 Space / 37879
Re: "Aggressor", power armor dropship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 04:21:38 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Keith Goldman wrote:
   Stop talking about my thrusters, Kyle, I’m sensitive about that ;) Although there have been only a handlful of mecha-style dropships this is clearly one of the best. As I mentioned on my MOCpages review, I like the salad-bar approach you took to the design. A little of Soren’s garbonzo beans here...a dash of Mladen’s bacon bits there...very refreshing. It also reminds me of Dan Rubin’s Sword O’ Mikey (in terms of the function and radar-dish sections).

I knew I left somebody out! While I wasn’t looking at the Sword of Michael while building, you can’t deny the similarity. Must have been a subliminal influence--how insidious. No one expects the Galactic Inquisition!

   http://mocpages.com/moc.php/5596

This is a great moc, it goes all the way to 11 for sure. My only complaint is that I would have liked to see the complement of deadly-mecha in a consistent color scheme. Is this one more step in the long road of racial healing between the cats of space and the dogs of mecha?

-Keith

I thought since they are mercs, they would each have unique power armor, but in retrospect it would have looked cooler if I had done three identical chassis and differentiated them with equipment and accent colors. Another point to remember for the next MOC.

Mechs and Space belong together! Like peanut butter and chocolate, two great tastes that taste great together. Thanks for the reply, Keith.