 Space / 37533
Re: StahlcFaust Heavy Hovertank--Entry for Military Hover-Vehicle Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:03:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, Magnus Lauglo wrote: snip
   Curt,

First off, I do like how you’ve mixed futuristic type stuff with a recognisable armored vehicle design. The front reminds me of an old Russian APC the MTLB perhaps? And I like how you did the side guns.

Actually, I didn’t really intend to imitate any tank... it was supposed to be sort of an uber-version of my Ravager and Superravager hovertanks. However, I suppose that with similar function comes similar appearance...

   I think perhaps the vehicle could use more substantial hover modules though, it almost looks like a big armoured vehicle with the wheels or treads taken off and a few hover pods added as an afterthought. (It might look better as > a more traditional armored vehicle if you added wheels.) I mean, think of how heavy it must be and how big hover pods it would need.

That would be true if they blew out air. ;) But the hoverpods are supposed to be anti-gravity repulsors... propellors, even ducted fans, have the unfortunate problem that just one bullet fired into them can cause them to explode. But the repulsors are actually quite powerful, which is why the craft needs such a large front section for the fusion power generator.

thanks for sharing

Thanks for your input! Hopefully you liked it.

Curt Tigges, Imperator of the Procyonic Empire