 Space / 37429
Re: StahlcFaust Heavy Hovertank--Entry for Military Hover-Vehicle Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:12:17 GMT

In lugnet.space, Curt Tigges wrote:
   This is my entry for the Military Hover-Vehicle Contest:

The StahlcFaust (Steel Fist) Heavy Hovertank

The Starforce Engineering Corps was commissioned by the Imperator (formerly the Supreme Commander of Starforce, formerly the Commander-in-Chief of the Star Forces) to create a new primary heavy land vehicle for the Planetary Forces. The Imperator commanded that the hovertank should represent his power and be a symbol of his strength; and thus, the StahlcFaust was born. Its name means Steel Fist in the Imperator’s native language, and it is certainly worthy of its title. With four powerful Spectrum Cannons, six heavy machine guns, two double-barreled railguns, a top mounted gauss rifle turret, an undercarriage-mounted plasma turret, and four tactical nukes, it is certainly a representative of the Great Imperator and his mighty Starforce. The StahlcFaust also has extremely thick armor, in some places four feet thick. The armor is made of 4.6 Grade Ultrium, which is light enough so that the StahlcFaust can maneuver well.

The StahlcFaust was built to withstand an incredible amount of enemy fire--and it is also built to deliver its own. No hovertank yet built by humans can defeat the power of the Steel Fist. With a hover ceiling of 40 meters, its incredible amount of firepower and armor, and its state-of-the-art sensors (including tachar, radar, sonar, infrared, and visual), it will soon be seen as the dominant force on the planetary battlefield.

Curt Tigges, Imperator of the Procyonic Empire

Curt,

First off, I do like how you’ve mixed futuristic type stuff with a recognisable armored vehicle design. The front reminds me of an old Russian APC the MTLB perhaps? And I like how you did the side guns.

I think perhaps the vehicle could use more substantial hover modules though, it almost looks like a big armoured vehicle with the wheels or treads taken off and a few hover pods added as an afterthought. (It might look better as a more traditional armored vehicle if you added wheels.) I mean, think of how heavy it must be and how big hover pods it would need.

thanks for sharing

Magnus