 Space / 36865
Re: New MOC: "Condor" Hover Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 01:36:01 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Soren Roberts wrote: SNIP

(Click the link)

This is not an entry in the military hover contest, as I am judging and it would be unethical to enter a model of my own (IMHO).

Enjoy!

Soren

Dude, this MOC makes my brain hurt. The building quality is in your typical high form, and it took me awhile to figure out what it was that I didn’t like about it. I think it’s the flat circle part, it’s a new idea, and I think it’s cool, but the MOC feels unbalanced. The hover ring thingy seems small compared to the cockpit section, and if the circle applies a force straight down, it seems like the ship would always be tipping forward. That said, the shape and construction of the hover disc thing are pretty nice, and the cockpit area is kickin, lots of nice weapons and details, and the turret is superb.

If nothing else, you get props for trying something new, a practice which I fully support.

-Dan Rubin