 Space / 36854
Re: "Aliens"-style Armored Personnel Carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:47:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lee Meyer wrote:
   I made a special creation, an Armored Personnel Carrier in the style seen in the movie “Aliens”. It has armored wheels, and a low, mean profile. It has two guns, a small turret up front, and the main gun, which can slide back and retract over the back if the APC (just like in the movie!) The layout inside is as realistic as the movie layout as possible. There’s a driver up front, a weapons officer station and commander station, then in the main body, the sergeant’s chair and room for a platoon (5).

Great work. I like how you’ve used the wedge slopes on the turret and on the main body. The wedge plate across the front canopy is a good idea too. Nicely done!

I wouldn’t mind seeing someone take the Aliens design a bit further, perhaps making an extra large articulated version with extra facilities.

Cheers,