 Space / 36853
36852  |  36854
Subject:
NWBC 2004: Thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 07:22:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

A big Thank You to the organizers and attendees of Northwest BrickCon 2004 for a great event. I had plenty of fun hanging out with old and new friends and enjoyed seeing so many creations, notably the big spread of Moonbase modules and spacecraft.

I need to give my thanks to a few particular people for making my trip *that* much better than it otherwise would have been:

Mark Sandlin, who let me crash at his place and play with his Lego. You rock, dude.

Tom Rafert, THE coolest Castle guy in the community. Tom came to the airport Thursday morning to pick up two Spacers from their early flight from L.A., and extended a helping hand when I was frantically packing on Public day for the return flight home.

Gary and his wife: you guys ran yourselves ragged and made sure everyone was having a great time. Thanks so much.

Pamela Hale: You made an awful lot of moc cards for all us attendees who came ill-prepared. :) Muchas gracias!

Dan Parker: Your studio rocks, and you offered up lots of parts for us to buy, including some that really weren’t supposed to be sold. And those brick separators, which I used a few times, very much appreciated!

Brian McClean...your car is hot. And your mocs are gorgeous. That is all.

Rick Hallman, Lenny Hoffman, and Adrian Drake: These three guys sent a variety of mocs and kits for display and sale at the con. Although Rick’s stuff provided hours worth of rebuilding challenges, we were able to get most of it displayed. He and Lenny’s mocs provided most of the Eastern Block mocs seen at the event (and notably the battle in the moonbase.)

B-b-bruce Lowell, I couldn’t have asked for a better travel partner. It was cool having you over at my place and I had a ton of fun hanging out with you all weekend. Thanks buddy *single tear*

There were many more people I had the chance to interact with and many mocs to critique and praise, but I don’t want to go on too much.

Let me finish with links to my photo galleries:

General NWBC Pics

When Botdog Attacks! : The popular bot tours the mocs and displays at the con.

The NWBC Moonbase Battle, featuring PCS, JE, EB, and 3vil.

From this AFOL: Thanks for an awesome weekend!

--Ry