 Space / 36756
Atatosomb: A Hardsuit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:02:59 GMT

Hello!

Last weekend I made a hardsuit. I was calling it “a little mecha that goes right around a guy like a little suit” until Lenny reminded me of the much more succinct “hardsuit”.

Anyway, I’ve finally had time to photograph it.

(click the link, foolish mortals)

It flies around shooting things with the two big guns. Note the helmet design; a full helmet would not fit, so I came up with a solution that IMO looks cooler than a regular helmet would have anyway.

I was inspired by a dream to build it.

The name is an acronym, but I won’t tell you for what.

~Kevoh