 Space / 36529
Re: PCS-L.A.S.E.R.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 20:42:11 GMT

On 14:47 10/09/04, Ryan Wood wrote

Thanks for the compliments, Stephen. Glad you like some of the finer
details of
the hovertank. Because you and JPR have expressed interest in the
technique used
to give the hoverpods an angle, The best pic I have at the moment that
shows the
trick used is
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xLIGHTSx/StarWars/PCS-LASER/q.jpg the one
seen here>. The top 1/3 of the pic shows the two halves of the moc. On the
bottom hald of the tank you can see <http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4599 4 of
these> in light grey. When you stick a technic half pin into the hole of
the 2x2
dome, the open stud end of the half pin fits over the exposed handle of
the tap
underneath the tank. I'll have to post a better pic later, but this
explanation
might suffice if I've been clear enough.

Ahha! That's brilliant!  I was looking for a 1x1 clip plate somehow
leveraged under there, but the tap trick is _much_ more elegant! Very nice
technique.

/me ponders the possibilities... >-)

---
wubwub
aka  stephen f roberts

wildbrick.com  -  Jain's Guide : Promoting more than just the MOC