 Space / 36527
Re: PCS-L.A.S.E.R.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 18:33:15 GMT

I’m cross-posting this to military now, as I forgot to do so with my original post.

In lugnet.space, Jean-Pascal Rignault wrote:
   On ze rocks for me!

As usual, thanks Ryan for taking the time to show us how you came up with this baby.

It’s a nifty over-tank, well in the shape / size / mood / whatever to go and fight against your previous JE over-tank. Congatulations for that : although the two of them offer totaly different designs / construction technics, you managed to create a set à la “bad Darth Vader and his tie against good Y-Wing and its pilot”. Amazing!

I like the design, the turet with chrome parts, the fact that the four under-pods have an angle (I saw some of your early construction pics for this detail and was afraid you keep them “flat”), neat detail!

Cheers,

JP.

JP, thank you as always for your comments. Yes, the hovertanks do make quite a pair, the JE tank looked quite lonely before. These two will soon be joined other mocs in what has potential to be the largest ground battle documented in the history of .space! :) NWBC is the setting for this proposed battle, and I already have several others besides myself who will be contributing mocs for the event. Stay tuned!

The angle of the pods on the underside was something I felt was necessary to combat the overall flatness of that bottom surface. I still think it’s pretty flat. I tried a couple of variations for the hover pod design suggested by Giddens and Sandlin, but they didn’t run out very well. Their suggestion will be utilized however in another upcoming project.

--Ry