 Space / 36515
Re: "Spartan" medium assault mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:32:49 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Jeff Ranjo wrote:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Andrew Todd Amacher wrote:
Check out my latest experiment with the new clicking ball and socket hinges, the
"Spartan"-

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=100456

With this one, unlike my "Juggernaut" design, I left the hinges exposed for the
sake of lightness and used the Alpla Team socket bricks at the shoulders and
hips to achieve a slimmer build.

LMKWYT,
Todd

Hey Todd,

I like the overall chunkyness to this one.  My favorite part though is the
hands.  They're simple and effective.  I think I have hand envy.

Thanks, Jeff. I think I may have finally come up with a hand design on par with
Karim Nassar's minifig-leg fist
(Though his has a stronger grip)

  But seriously
I think that Lego should put out a set like this one.  I would buy it over the
Titan XP. Cool stuff.

Jeff

P.S.
The head design on your Orbital Boost Frame is just too sweeet! Smart use of the
Toa Metru foot and the drill motors.

Later,
Todd