 Space / 36208
Re: Memo to Dan Jassim
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:17:25 GMT

   In lugnet.space, Keith Goldman wrote: Have you lost your love for the homies in .Space? No announcement?

(Sigh) I know, I know. Forgive me, brutha.

   I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and guess that you are waiting until you have shots of the interior. Still, where is the love, Mr. Cyborg?

LOL! Yeah, I thought I’d get the interior pics done by now but I’m just a lazy bastard.

   As for my take on the ship...well, your past glory with ships like the Dragonstar and Nasal Avenger have helped to raise the bar in terms of quality design and overall coolness, so I judge your mocs (right or wrong) based on an abnormally, some might say obscene standard of excellence.

My gift is my curse. ;) You should add that to your building tips... “Keith’s Building Tip #25: The Jassim Curse-- Lugnet newbies beware and don’t introduce yourself to the community with a 6 foot carrier! You’ll only set your own bar ridiculously high and create more work for yourself.

   So that said, I think the back 2/3 of this ship is absolutely epic, but the nose/bridge section doesn’t seem to live up to your skillz, and seems kind of uninspired. If some new guy built this ship, I probably would not have bothered with the criticism at all. However, the greebling, escape pods, engines...all of that is money, in the classic Jassimian mold.

Thanks, G. Yeah, the front is more boxy than I intended and maybe a bit too plain. I debated redesigning it but I couldn’t come up with anything that suited the interior and afforded a spacious, almost Trek-style bridge. You’ll see shat I mean when I post the interior pics (that’s spelled I-N-T-E-R-I-O-R. Build one, foo!).

Anyway, I’ll try to get those interior pics done and make an official post here.

--Dan