 Space / 36056
Re: "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 04:12:55 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Travis Matheson wrote:
      After nearly a month of trail and error, I've managed to build a
decently
sized mecha with the new clicking ball and socket elements from this summer's
wave of Designer sets.
      Check out the "Juggernaut" Medium Assault Mecha-

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=97645

      At 10.75 inches tall, it features concealed missle arrays, a heavy beam
pistol and a beam saber.

Wow, I too have been experimenting with those new joints, but have yet to
build anything like this.  I know it's a Mecha but this MOC screams
BattleTech to me, I love it.  Especially the inside-the-sholder
Missiles.  Awesome work.

Thanks Travis. Yeah, the torso is very BattleTech-ish. But the arms and legs
draw inspiration from Macross and Gundam.

One question, did you use the new greys?

In a few places but it more older grays than not, except for the joints and
parts of the gun and saber

Later,
Todd

Leg Godt