 Space / 36020
Re: A taste of the east, or, the Korean Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:28:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Avery Christy wrote:
<http://dethhend.compuz.com/zboard/zboard.php?id=CreateObject&page=2&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=43

<http://dethhend.compuz.com/zboard/zboard.php?id=CreateObject&page=2&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=60

These two links go to <www.brickplanet.com>, a Korean version of Lugnet or
Peeron or something like that. There is not too much .space or .mecha material
there, but there is that stuff there.

There is a ton of Military stuff, such as:
<http://dethhend.compuz.com/zboard/view.php?id=didis&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=8

But then, Korean Lego builders get the advantage of having a dedicated system of
military bricks. By the way, Oxford bricks are made to the same exact
specifications of Lego. They work together with Lego far better than Megablocks.

<http://www.oxfordtoy.co.kr/pro/psm_ocm.htm> The dedicated military system.

enjoy!

-Avery

The sad thing is that a lot of those sets look better than what we can find on
the US market. I wouldn't be surprised if Oxfordbrick were really a subsidiary
of Lego, this would allow them to release military-style sets without
drastically changing their US image or affecting the market penetration of their
standard product line in the West. It looks as if most of the sets use the
standard repertoire of bricks (in a different color scheme albeit). The only
unique pieces I can see are the wing and tailfin pieces used on the aircraft.
I'd like to get my hand on some of these sets, though being anal, I wouldn't mix
them with my standard Lego. :)