 Space / 3602
Re: Found some old classics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:09:45 GMT

Joakim Olsson wrote in message ...

My favourite ship is the Starfleet Voyager 6929, it was the gem in my
collection before entering the Dark Ages. I wonder where the pieces went...
(Don't tell anyone, but i think a had the ship beside me in bed at night • ;-)

6929 is truly one of the finest-looking spaceships that Lego ever released.
Later when Classic Space began to go downhill they were still trying to
capture its form and function with pale imitations like 6931, but they'd
lost the original lines of Classic Space, the way the colours were used to
gracefully delineate structure, and the careful attention paid to how wing
planes and fuselage visually intersected.
Interestingly, now that I look at the 6982 Explorien Starship I see how many
similarities in form it bears to 6929. If only Exploriens had used gray as
well, applied using the original Classic Space style.... now that would have
been something.

Now that you've mentioned 6929, it's making me want to build one again.
Aside from some the cockpit undersides and printed bricks it looks like it
should be buildable with bricks from more recent sets. I've also got a
hankering to try a 6929 Mk II.... although that's ringing a bell now, has
someone else got a 6929 Mk II or something on their web site?

BTW, you have a very impressing starfleet on your web-page. Really nice
work!

Thanks! One day I'll post pictures of more recent creations - unfortunately
I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to taking pictures, and I'm also
a bit reluctant to simply whack the pictures on a web page and say "here
they are". But one of these days...

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164