 Space / 35640
35639  |  35641
Subject:
Here we go again - Crimson Skies Tomahawk & Kestrel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:39:30 GMT

After some constructive criticism I gave in and redesigned the tail on The Tomahawk

- here’s a link to the old tail, and more.
10 points to anyone who can tell we what other small change was made :)

I liked that tail setup so well, I then decided to re-do the tail on a second plane...
The Kestrel

Actually, adding a second set of click hinges to eliminate the wing droop was priority #1 and led to a completely redesigned nose, the changing of the rudders just seemed to make sense too. Overall the plane looks much the same, yet decidely different - Here are the old pictures for comparison.
Also gave the pilot and a nickname... which partially comes from a Marx brothers gag “Bee! Twist! Bee! Twist!”

Also took another shot of two planes together,

The Tomahawk and the Kestrel.
PLMKWYT,
TRS