 Space / 35623
Re: How was the BrickFest moonbase?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:58:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:
The only comment I've seen about the moonbase at BrickFest this year was on
Keith's MOCPage:

"...but the ccc system works pretty well for a large display...certainly better
than the moonbase system that looked like a jumbled mess."

Let me explain that comment before things get too heated.  The modules couldn't
be connected because the tables were not of the same uniform height.  This seems
like a small thing, but some of them weren't lined up very well.  There was no
monorail, space train, or those car-tracks that were present at PDX.  I'm not
complaining about the quality or coolness of the individual modules, there were
some great new modules like the "Hall of Justice", and Daniel Rubin's Inquisitor
module, and there were plenty of old favorites.  I just thought the lack of
'neighborhooding' and the lack of an extra hallway segment here and there made
it look jumbled and crowded.  All I have to compare this layout to was the PDX
layout, and I thought that one was much more pleasing to the eye.  As systems
go, I think the ccc works better for large displays.  My comments were not
intended to disparage the work of those people (don't know exactly who it was)
who were responsible for the layout.  I'm sure they did the best they could,
with the resources they had.  Since I wasn't there to help, one could make the
argument that I have no place to complain.  My comment wasn't a complaint so
much as an observation, with a side-order of smack.  Above everything else, the
public really loved it, and thats probably the most important thing.

-Keith