 Space / 35480
Bot contest: New pictures and more entries.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:15:29 GMT

As promised, I’ve been home in the weekend to finish my Brawnbot series with some of the nasty things it can do to a minifig.

No cheating! It can hold it!

Furthermore Brawnbot is high enough to load a container onto a monorailwagon on the high track, but I forgot to photograph it.

And then for the new stuff:

Sorry for the dark pictures

The Swan assembly bot is mounted on a four wheel wagon, has two arms with fingers to manipulate tools and pieces, and a welding ”snout” on a long swan neck to be able to reach everywhere.

What do you need a botforge for when you can just press self replicate when business is slow? (remember to enter a maximum number before you leave for the weekend!) sorry for the huge picture; you couldn’t see what was happening on a smaller one

My father also made a couple of bots for the contest, and asked me to write the following:

Meet Twinbot (nickname Thinbot), the first bot with tumbleweed locomotion, one head above ground at all times. He has heaps of works as Bottery Catalogger, assisted by his mate Lankybot (also called Fatbot). He follows the call of the wild and spends his few leisure hours rolling the wide plains with the (small) tumbleweeds.

And meet Lankybot (nickname Fatbot), named after a character in a fairy tale (www.bugge.com). He only works part time as Bottery Catalogger Assistant in the forenoon, helping his mate Twinbot (also known as Thinbot) sorting stuff. After a good midday rest he spends the whole afternoon riding with friends. He likes SpeedDrink, or BotPot; it always tastes best when it is snitched, and nothing beats a trip on JediBrand. Friends are nice to have when you get into trouble.

The small crafts are my fathers as well; I have nothing to do with them!

By the way Kevin, you’re very welcome to give me the AT-AT if you don’t want to give it to Lenny or Ryan; It was my 25 birthday friday and I only got a 4$ set... :-(

Wouldn’t that be nicely 3vil to them? ;-)

-NB