 Space / 35434
35433  |  35435
Subject:
An introduction as well as a few bot contest entries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:16:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I’m Aaron, and I primarily build within the category of space. I really don’t want to pollute this post too much, so if you want a more thorough bio, just send me an email (remove the “nospamplease” from the name).

I plan on joining IndyLug when I return back to school in a couple of weeks, but am up to this point completely uninitiated in the realm of serious LEGO community. So be patient with me.

I’m debuting with a couple of entries for the bot contest. The first is the accurately but unimaginatively named “Mantis,” because, well, look for yourself:

It’s not really practical - I started its frame as an abstract study, and developed it into a bot from there. It has a certain charm, though.

I’ve also accidentally created a subtheme (or maybe just a snippet of a personal universe) through the following two bots, representative of the army of the Imperium Galacticus. They’re pretty straightforward, a centurionbot (crowned with a Roman-esqe crest) and a standard bearer (wearing an animal hide, like the corresponding Roman soldiers would).

The standard is actually based on the one from the cover of Jethro Tull’s Warchild album and may or may not bear any remote similarity to a Roman standard.

So bungle on over to the jungle of my brickshelf gallery and please leave your comments, criticisms, and the inevitable exposition that I don’t really know too much about the Roman empire much less about faking passable Latin.