 Space / 35359
Re: Another sticker and sneak peak
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 03:55:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Jackson wrote:
What program did you use to make the screen? Photoshop? Anyway, good job,
and I can't wait to see the model!

Yes, I use Photoshop. For those who want to try...

I made the diagram of the ship by taking pictures of my ship against a solid
black background. That made it easier to select and deleted the background and
replaced it with a single color (black again). Then I went to Filter + Stylize +
Find Edges to make the lines of the ship, inverted the color, desaturated the
color, then colorized and played around with the hue, saturation, and lightness
until it looked like that. I created a harder outline around the ship by
selecting, copying and pasting the ship layer and giving it a hard outer glow
(about 3 pixels thick and 100% opacity).

--Dan