 Space / 3524
3523  |  3525
Subject:
How well would this go over?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 00:22:31 GMT

Hi all, I've been thinking (with ideas from Mark Sandlin) about starting up a
new contest centered solely around minifig scale racing vehicles. I know the
Design a Civvie contest had a racing category, but I am talking about a
contest with beefed up specifications, much like a real race circuit would
have. I was thinking of doing the format like that of Psygnosis's Wipeout
series. This is what I have so far as to the rules (just ideas, mind you):
-Maximum size specifications. This would make the contest more interesting;
who can put the coolest features into a package that is relatively the same
size as everyone else's craft?
-Style. Is your craft a simple wedge or some completely new design concept?
-Difficulty. Is yours a SNOT rocket done with real bricks or a conventional
computer generated craft that's just bricks on top of more bricks?
-Color. The racers gotta be purty!
-Extra credit. If you do something absolutely astounding, more power to ya!
-General statistics (not scored). Maximum speed, team name (Auricom, Goteki
45, Feisar, etc), and to make it even cooler, you could design a logo for your
team.

Any and all feedback on this contest is appreciated. Also, would anyone care
if there was no tangible prize? Sure, it's nice to win stuff, but I have an
extremely tight budget and hopefully people will have enough incentive to just
build something for the fun of it. Thanks!
Greg "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" Majewski
http://www.geocities.com/citrusx__/q.html