 Space / 3512
Re: Space Port - female astronaut?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 20:58:56 GMT

In lugnet.town, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.town, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi y'all...

Thumbing through the new fall catalog (just got here today), I stumbled • across
a close-up pic of the rocket from <set:6456> (this is on page 45).

Well, there's a floating astronaut (freeing the satellite I guess) and the
face seems to have red lips and diamond-shaped eyes, plus a few bangs... • which
automatically makes it a "she" in the lego minifig world, right? ;-)

Can anyone confirm this? Is this a female astronaut? If so, awesome! (One
small step for woman... <grin>)
...and also, can anyone provide a better picture of the face? Her (?) face is
slightly hidden behind that helmet.

Thanks!
-Shiri

Speaking of Female astronauts... I was just at the LIC in Orlando.  They had a
child's shirt with a classic space minifig on it!  And it had a female face to
boot.  No XXL's of anything there though... I did get some ties (they had 3
kinds).

JFYI
Chris <><

This is another example of TLC puting the star female minifigure in only the
largest set.  It happened in Arctic.  It happened in Knights Kingdom.  And it
will happen again.  I really wish I could get this figure in the Value Pack,
which is has two astronauts.  I wouldn't hate the male astronaut if I didn't
already have his face from Space Police, Aquanauts, and Exploriens.  Enough! • I
think he was in Launch Command too!