 Space / 35116
Re: Couple bots for the contest and some groovy landing gear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:52:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Simmons wrote:
   Hey all,

With my domain name finally registered with the same company that does my hosting I’ve updated my website after over a year of stagnation (and too many Battle.net hours!). To start, I have a couple of bots for the contest, and a landing gear arrangement that’s compact and yet provides decent support for small vehicles. The landing gear is first on the page, followed by the bots and a Sand Red and Dark Blue fighter.

http://www.xenobuzz.com/MyLegoCreations/Odds%20&%20Ends.htm

Dave

Some cool creations you have there. My two favorites are the *Dark Red and Sand Blue* (I can tell that they have the same tonal value to you ;-) fighter and the soliderbots. I have to say that those two colors might easily be my new favorites and I have been considering doing something similarly. As for the soliderbots, excellent parts usage. I like the spindly and menacing look of these lil buggers. Oh, and as for some nifty landing gear using arms, whether droid or old skool, check out [ j o n ]’s Alphabet Fighter Project (although I think the link at FBTB.net may be defunct at the moment).

-APSaada