 Space / 35028
35027  |  35029
Subject:
New vehicles...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.town, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:46:39 GMT

My alternate timeline and near-future military theme called: "Conflict Zone -
Global Crisis" is slowly being built and put together. With this many factions,
its no wonder why.

Anyhow I've just gotten up pics of my G.I.L.F. (Global Islamic Liberation Front)
vehicles. The larger ones that is.

The Jackal Technical, the G.I.L.F.'s fast attack vehicle. Can be mounted with
different weapons ranging from 12.7mm machine guns, RPG launchers, mortars, and
a 30mm cannon. This one here is the machine gun variant.

The Truck Technical, a converted Technical that has been lengthened and added a
flat bed on the back to accomodate larger weapons like AA guns, pods for
unguided short range rockets, and as well as for hauling supplies or troops.
This here is the "MLRS" variant.

Here are other pics of the G.I.L.F. forces.

Im taking these vehicles, the 4 Combat Bikes, and several GILF militants to face
off against Chinese PLA Red Guards, Minigunners, and their T-105 super-tank
(completed pics of this later) in a battle in the Xinjiang region of northwest
China taking place on June 7, 2015 in the CZ-GC timeline. I will be displaying
this scene in BrickFest.

Here are the Chinese PLA forces..

Here is a prototype pic of the T-105 tank..

The pic I found in a Chinese forum of that super-tank..

The G.I.L.F. been the easiest of the Conflict Zone - Global Crisis factions to
build and collect. Obviously for the simplisity and rather large quantity of the
parts I used to build them with. Other factions like those of a country's
professional army like that of China, USA, Philippines, Israel, and etc. are far
harder to collect due to more sophisticated weaponry like tanks, planes,
helicopters, and etc.

As for the G.I.L.F. themselves, I've based them on real life groups like the
Moro Islamic Liberation Front in my homeland the Philippines, as well as other
notorious modern day villain groups. I've also based them on the Global
Liberation Army or GLA from the game "Command & Conquer: Generals" (+ the Zero
Hour expansion pack).

Im creating a story out of the CZ-GC factions. It starts in the 1980s when the
CZ-GC timeline splits from our reality. Yet there's still plenty of similar
events between this timeline and the CZ-GC timeline.

Before anyone jumps on the hard-core political correctness wagon....
Im from the Philippines, we have plenty of insurgent problems. My girl is from
Israel.. nuff said. And besides, its a fictional story of what could happen in
an alternate timeline and might happen in the future, be it alternate or our
own, as well as the fact that its all ABS plastic!