 Space / 34860
Re: The Chimaera Fighter/Bomber, really
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 03:35:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Travis Matheson wrote:
   alright, consider this the complete post...

I would like to present to you, the Chimaera Fighter/Bomber

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/4520

It’s part of a series of fighters that I’m putting together, the Mythological series (if anyone can come up with a better name though, I’m all ears). The Scarab was the first, this is the second, and I’ll be posting the third fairly soon.

Originally I had planned to build a fighter that was basically a flying gun, with the ship basically being support to that gun. Well, all the “Big Guns” I built were a little disappointing but that the idea of a bomber hit me and the yellow and Dark Red colour scheme followed suit, and thus the Chimaera was born

I like it. I especially like the shape of the bombs, and the cones that stick out from the bottom. There’s a hatch at the back of the bomb-bay, is there anything in there? Some sort of ECM perhaps?

I can’t say that I think tan was the right color of battle droid arms to use though.

-Dan Rubin

Chair of the Cyber-braintrust