 Space / 34859
Re: The Chimaera Fighter/Bomber, really
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 00:43:08 GMT

I love the use of slopes and curves and the shape that they define.  And the
color scheme works out better than I'd expect.  Everything I've ever done with
red and yellow ends up looking like ketchup and mustard... the dark red
makes a
much better contrast.  I'm not so crazy about the trans-red, though the
rest of
your detailing is very nice.

The shape turned out a lot better than I expected, and I was very happy
with the colour scheme

I like the big bomb bay and the bombs themselves.  When I saw the pictures and
then read about you wanting to make it a fighter with a big gun, for some
reason
an image comes to mind of a ridiculously oversized cannon that folds out
of the
underside compartment.  I'd love to see a cartoonishly large weapon that
actually folds inside a ship that looks way too small for it, though I don't
think that's the style you are going for.

Though that is an awesome idea.

I do have some gripes about your photography.  I know I'm not perfect either,
but a couple of things jump out at me here.  The simplest thing you are
missing
is a 3/4 angle view of the whole ship.  Most of your shots are facing pretty
much right along one of the primary axes, and this makes it harder to grok the
overall shape from any one picture.  And your framing is a bit off-  in
particular, the first 4 pictures should probably be taken from closer and
a few
of the pictures are way off center.

photography is not my strong suite, I'm still muddling my way
through.  probably won't get much better until I own my own camera and can
practice a bit.  at the moment I borrow a friends camera for Lego
photographing

Thanks for the comments Tony

Leg Godt

Travis Matheson