 Space / 34548
34547  |  34549
Subject:
Police Power Armor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:13:56 GMT

Introducing the URC-01 Police Patrol Power Armor Unit:

Designed primarily as an urban assault unit, the URC-01 is being employed by police forces everywhere to stamp out crime on the streets. Highly mobile, yet well armored, the URC-01 allows officers to navigate the narrow streets of the Metroplex without fear.

The armor is driven by a standard power plant, encased in a bullet-resistant pod on the back of the unit. This pod also houses a small array of communications gear, enabling the officer on patrol to stay in touch with the station house at all times.

Bullet resistant skirting and shoulder panels help to protect the state of the art leg and arm joints of the unit, while light bars on the front and rear can be activated to alert civilians of the officer’s presence, if necessary.

The URC-01 comes equipped with a powerful searchlight, mounted on the right shoulder. For a small fee, this searchlight can be replaced with a number of lesser weapons packages (see dealer for details).

Also standard, mounted at the end of the left arm, is the GripClaw-4000, which allows an officer wearing the URC-01 Power Armor the ability to grasp and hold objects as needed.

At the end of the right arm is mounted a single hardpoint which allows for a variety of optional plug-in items, including weaponry and riot-control gear. The unit above is shown with the giant GripClaw-6000. Vastly superior to the GripClaw-4000, the GripClaw-6000 allows for finer motor control, and increased strength. This option is recommended for any serious police force (GripClaw-6000 can be factory installed, see your dealer).

For more information about the URC-01 Police Patrol Power Armor, see your dealer, or view the attached flyer. Remember, if you protect your Police Force, your Police Force will protect you!

More pics: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=87738

This is my first attempt at minifig scale armor. I’ve been wanting to build a hard-suit of some sort for some time. I’ve made a few attempts, but this is the first to come to any sort of final stage.

Joints at this scale are way more difficult than I imagined. I think I did pretty well here though. Both the arms and legs are fully posable, and the unit balances very well in most positions (I was able to get it stand on one leg, but it looked pretty silly).

I wanted to build something smaller, but the more I look at this, the more I like the bulk.

Comments and suggestions appreciated!

-Elroy