 Space / 34242
34241  |  34243
Subject:
Review of the SLAM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:57:05 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

So there’s a brand new space set on the market. Heard of it? It’s the PCS S.L.A.M., built by Admiral Giddens.

The kits are available for purchase in the store here, or you can get the instructions.

Being a fan of Pre-Classic Space, I had to buy one of these guys for myself. It just arrived today, and I ripped into the package like an eager little kid on Christmas. I was not disappointed. The kit comes in a nice little tupperware container sporting some nifty logos and images. But of course, it’s what’s inside the box that counts.

The kit comes with all the parts necessary to build the ship, a mini cd with easy-to-use instructions (and bonus PCS images), a certificate of authenticity, and a SciBrick minifig.

The build time for the model isn’t very long, since it is a relatively small craft. It’s more complex than it appears, though, and contains some nifty construction and detailing. The completed model is simply beautiful, and the swooshability is unbelievable.

Overall a great model and package, a sweet addition to any collection.

When moderated, click here to check it out a gallery of images I’ve uploaded of the kit, as well as a couple pics with my T.R.A.V.

--Ryan W.