 Space / 34069
Re: Intermodal container handler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 30 May 2004 07:35:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   This is pretty cool, I must say. The minifig doesn’t rotate inside the cockpit, does it? Even if not, the overall design is pretty sweet, I like the bumpers and the engines, and pretty much the whole thing.

Thanks for the kudos.

The minifig isn’t on any kind of rotating chair. The craft was designed so that he is standing when in the container handling orientation. As the design neared completion, I noticed that it looked pretty cool turned 90 degrees, and the minifig could sit in the cockpit in that orientation. Standing, he attaches to studs on the floor; sitting he wedges in between the ceiling/computer and the yellow arch piece. twin control sticks (antenna) are duplicated for each position. Neither position would be comfy for long durations, but when used as a caboose, the craft would be controlled remotely from whatever vessel is at the van.

Troy