 Space / 33821
Re: More from the braintrust.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 23:43:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   The braintrust will be rolling out a wide range of new productions in the near future.(chalk it up to the end of the spring semmester). First up on the block is the new CBT-200, it’s the big brother of the CBT-100 This one is designed for close air support. I wasn’t sure which way to go, and started making something like the aircraft from the Terminator, but was unhappy with the results, and decided to pursue the insect idea instead. This hornet inspired craft is armed with two small caliber guns, and one large minigun stinger. Moderated for your pleasure: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=83669

Please lemme know what you think!

-Dan Rubin

Chair of the Cyber-braintrust

Well, the insect idea was clearly the way to go. This is quite stunning, Dan. I like the extreme range of motion you’ve achieved; it has many different looks about it, including a couple of faces. The colour scheme really works too. Those printed wedge slopes suit the design.

My one suggestion would be to lose the blurry pics, they don’t do justice to your work and they are mostly redundant. The other pics tell the story well.

Peace and insects,

Professor Whateverly