 Space / 33710
  Pirate ROBRIQ

A small bot for microgravity construction. Can you guess what I used for thrusters? (URL) And a hint of things to come: (URL) Enjoy! Soren (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Pirate ROBRIQ

(...) Butchered goblets? Couldn't you have used 1x1 cones here instead? Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pirate ROBRIQ

(...) Of course, but I really like the look of these. I figured it's kosher since it's not a structural necessity. I'd put it on the level of cutting flex tubing or pneumatic hose; it looks pretty but I don't absolutely need it. Don't worry, I'm not (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pirate ROBRIQ

(...) I'm not sure I'd put it on that level. Maybe one could argue that about lightsaber rods... they'd obviously be very useful in varying lengths. I've toyed with the idea of cutting them up - although that's as far as I got! (...) Oh, I'm not (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pirate ROBRIQ

(...) Sweet bots Soren! Very nice arms they have! JP. (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pirate ROBRIQ

(...) Soren! What are you doing chopping up goblets, you crazy child?! Well, anyways, I wouldn't go that far in brickmodding, but I must admit it looks good. And I love the way the taps look on these little fellas. Sweet. (URL) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pirate ROBRIQ

(...) I have a ton. More than I can ever use. So when the experimental urge hit me I got out the razor and did a couple. I know what you mean, but crazy? I passed crazy a long time ago. (...) Thanks. Soren (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pirate ROBRIQ

(...) Missed out on this earlier, but these bots are cool. I must say, that's a nice solution on the arms to keep the antena pieces from sliding back and forth, an issue I've experienced, without thinking to add that little technic piece. -Dan Rubin (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pirate ROBRIQ

I'd like to build some, but the construction of the arms is eluding me : ( Soren, can we get some "how to" pics ? -JSM (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pirate ROBRIQ

Yes, here you go: (URL) Should be moderated shortly. Click the image. Soren (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pirate ROBRIQ

"Soren Roberts" <bricklovinfreakboy@...mcast.net> wrote in news:Hy2xyI.KE2 @lugnet.com: (...) was done. (20 years ago, 22-May-04, to lugnet.space)