 Space / 33449
Re: The Shipyard Should Return
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 02:42:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

   That’s it. What do you think? It would be automated, updated all the time and very simple. It would be the home for giant LEGO spaceships again (or for the first time).

I think this is a great idea! Being a big-ship builder myself, I would like to support this idea in any way I can - short of actually being able to write php myself.

Also, I’d suggest there be room for “sub-SHIPs” - being in the range of 75-100 studs long, as they almost count. Both of my SHIPs so far, the Duvernay (~80 studs) and the Kalashnikov (~95 studs), clocked in at just under the 100 stud mark (Zhukov-112 does qualify, but is smaller piece wise than both the Duv and the Kal). But then again, this would come in by way of the Mods who understand such things.

Perhaps this could be on the SciBrick site?

-Lenny

I really want to keep it 100 studs and up. We decided a while ago that SHIPs[1] are 100 studs and up and I’d like to keep this site focused on that.

I’m not even sure that BLIPs[2] should be included. These are ships that are over 100 studs in a dimension but are otherwise real wimpy.

I have to say also I’d like to keep it on my site. I mean I already have the URL and everything.

[1] SHIP - Seriously Huge Investment in Parts, SomeHow I Phinished. (etc..make up one)

[2] BLIP - By Lucifer, It’s Puny!

   [ j o n ]
zemi.net
moonbase