 Space / 32780
Re: Matrix MOC: Hovership Calamity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 07:47:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Alex Peacock wrote:
   Hello again .spacers! Last night I was extremely bored and had just finished watching Matrix: Revolutions. Three thoughts came to me:

1. I REALLY need to update the Mabrix: Vengeance project. 2. Those random doodles* I made on my science binder have some O.K. Hovership names. 3. There needs to be some scouting hoverships.

So, I began continuing character development for Vengeance, along with a few hovership designs (3). I waited until it was late and began working on the Calamity* (Late at night is my best building time for some odd reason. No distractions maybe?).

Interesting design, but it looks like it’d fly better upside-down. You’ve got twice as many hoverpods on top as you do on the bottom. I mentioned this problem previously to someone else who posted an original hovership design, and the response was basically that we don’t know how the hoverpods work, so there’s no way to know if they have a push or pull effect. I’m currently watching Revolutions, and judging from the way the Hammer behaves during Niobe’s pipe-run, it’s clear that they have a push effect (giganormous amounts of electricity pumping out of the bottom side to prevent it from smashing into a wall after exiting a pipe at full speed, one hoverpod getting crunched off causing that portion of the ship to impact where the hoverpod used to be, etc.). The topside hoverpods appear to be there in case the ship has to do a barrel-roll, to act as bumpers during a quick ascent, and to help center the ship during a run through tight spaces. As neat as the rest of the design is, I believe your hoverpod placement would result in the tail dragging along the ground. A matching pair on the underside of the tail would look great.

Thanks for the reply! Anyway, about the hoverpods. I’m missing two, the last ones I need.(Well, my younger brother drew on one with permanent marker, which I’ll Braso off). Hopefully I’ll have pics of the tweaked hovership before the week ends.

More suggestions welcome!

()()() Admiral Alexander, Space Pioneering