 Space / 32639
Re: UK.... Space Lurker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 11:02:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:

   Did he design the Starfury? That’s one of the best spaceship designs ever.
Not sure if Ron Thornton did....I love the starfury to by the way. I think the Starfury is a bit X-wing like ....so he must be a SW fan as well.

B5 ships = B7 ships

Narn = Scorpio

Darzie/and Excalibar = Liberator

B5 station = B7 season 4 ship from Eps “Gold” and the same model was used in “Red Dwarf” but painted grey for a spaceship graveyard.

my red ship from the first post....is a bit of a take off from that ship from “Gold”

   I’m a big B5 fan (and a big Blake’s 7 fan, for that matter), but I prefer to work on my own designs.

I find it hard to come up with totally original designs ...everything ends up looking like a plane, UFO, tube, or something from SW or film and TV sci-fi.

   I have been working on and off on a minifig-scale Starfury, though (as I’m sure quite a few people have). Never tried the Liberator, although I like the design a lot. There was a great MOC of the Scorpio someone did a while back:

.......thats ME ! I did the scorpio......and i have a liberator as well http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Blakes7

steven