 Space / 32581
  Teaser: Classic Space Moonbase Fusion Power Plant

Still needs a tokamak and a lot more detail, but it's comming out better than I thought it might. It's loosely based on images of some of the equipment at Princeton... (URL) : ) (20 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Teaser: Classic Space Moonbase Fusion Power Plant

(...) Jason, Neat, you so rarely see industrial designs for moonbase, and you wonder where the juice to power all the espresso machines comes from. It also reminds me a bit of the power generators on Hoth in Empire Strikes back. Thanks, George (20 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Teaser: Classic Space Moonbase Fusion Power Plant

(...) Way cool...like it...may use it myself, or ideas therefrom... But what's a tokamak (the little shoulder guy sez "anything it wants to")??? Peace and Long Life, Tw0nst3r tw0nst3r@earthlink.net (20 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Teaser: Classic Space Moonbase Fusion Power Plant

Thanks : ) The word tokamak is a contraction of 3 russian words that describe the toriodal vessel that magnetic confinement fusion experiments use. It'll be in the dome once I build it. (...) (20 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Teaser: Classic Space Moonbase Fusion Power Plant

mmmm... Millions of Double Lattes. Thanks : ) (...) (20 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)