 Space / 3190
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:55:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Actually, a lot more stable than you'd think. The landing gears have a 1x2
hinge at the bottom and the top, so they fold up, and solidity is added with
2 1x2 plates and a 1x2 tile  (in effect, a 1x2 brick) at each joint. The 6x6
"feet" really do a lot for the stability.  It "wobbles" a tiny bit when you
touch it, but not enough to be unstable or tip over.

I built a Super-Gravity-Disrupterotron from Technic parts  but I'm
currently awaiting patent approval, so I couldn't include pics. ;^)

Hmm...  in Pic 13, you can see the ladder hanging into the cargo bay, but I
suppose it is rather hard to see. Maybe I'll photo it later. I also realize
that I didn't really show the route to the head, so I'll have to snap a
couple pics, I guess. :^)

Could you take some more pictures of that part (you'll
probably have to take it apart a little bit so you don't have to)?  Thanks • for
showing us this great model.  Reminds me of those Beluga Jumbo Jets that • carry
aircraft parts around the world.

Thanks. :) I tried really hard to capture the "ugly-but-cool" aspects of
many freight-carrying vessels.

Personally, I think it kind of looks like I stuck some engines and wings on
a Jawa sandcrawler. :^D

~Mark

Now that I look at it, it does look like a Sandcrawler with the big door in
front and the cockpit above the door and such.  Hmmmm...  Well thanks for the
photo consideration.  Great job on the contest.  Bye.

-Nick