 Space / 31006
Re: P-38 Contest: SP-38 Escort
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:33:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nick Kappatos wrote:
Gil,

Well done!  I think you actually captured the spirit of the contest, if I read
it right - "For this contest create a spacecraft that exhibits the P-38's
signature design. Build a spaceworthy vessel that features the split fusilage,
wing and cockpit configuration of the P-38. The rest is up to you."

I really like the throwback WWII-style turretts for plasma cannons.  They would
look a maybe a little sleeker if bottom-mounted, but that may change the
structure of the landing gear.  Nice choice for the color scheme, too.

-Nick

Thanks!

Funny you mention the turrets.  I had another wing construction that allowed for
them to be mounted underneath.  The did look pretty good there, but I didn't
like the wings, so....

Cheers,
-Gil